People have been asking a lot of questions about my piano songs. So…. Here are the questions and the answers (if you care) lol.
1. Is that REALLY you playing?
- Yes that is me playing on my piano.
2. Did you write those songs?
- Yes, I wrote all of the songs that are up on my soundcloud page:
3. Do you have more?
- Heck yeah. I have many more songs that I am working on recording.
4. Are you making an album?
- I am working on it. I can’t wait to share it.
5. When did you start playing?/Did you take lessons?
- I have not taken lessons on the piano. I had a lot of free time when I was 13/14 and there was a piano in the house. So, I started figuring out how to play songs by ear. I used to play for hours and hours every day. Then I just started writing my own stuff. Before I knew it I had enough for an album, but didn’t have the ability to make one. Now I do… so I will.
6. Did you write them down or are they just in your head?
- I keep them all in my head, which is kind of scary. If anything happens to me, the songs die too. Hence why I am trying to record them.
7. What inspires you?
- Primarily the feeling I get from being home with my family. (After all, that is where my piano is, lol) Spending time with them and watching us all grow and learn are usually the themes of my songs. I also gain inspiration from the natural beauty of the four seasons.
8. Do you have lyrics for them?
- No. And that is intentional. My songs are specifically created to evoke feelings. Feelings that are better expressed with music than words. The songs are meant to allow you to find those feelings on your own, and in your own way. I only offer a simple title as a hint of my intentions. Poetry needs no explanation.
Well, there you go! Thanks for the interest and all of the compliments. That gives me the strength and confidence to actually try and get an album out there to share.
Once again… THANK YOU for your support and showing interest in the “Grant” beyond the show.