I used to post some of my pet peeves in the past on my old MySpace page. So, I thought I would re-post some of them and kick back up the tradition.
This is all in fun, mind you, don’t take me too seriously. These are a few of my pet peeves. You know, those annoying, yet somewhat meaningless, things that make you want to turn your face inside out and/or scream out loud in a stranger’s face, lol.
1. Restaurant ads on tables – Anyone who knows me will notice that the first thing I do when I sit down in a restaurant is to remove the obscene amounts of advertisements with which restaurants insist on cluttering the table. I mean, sure, they tell you what specials are, but you can’t order the dang thing because there’s no room on the table for it. Hotels have a bad habit of doing this too. I can’t set up my laptop without sweeping 18.5 tons of pyramid shaped ads, books, “please save water” notices, etc. right off the table and on to the floor.
2. Variable TV Channel Volumes – Who’s the idiot who made it acceptable for each TV channel to have a different volume? Hotels ALWAYS have this. There is nothing worse than cranking up a channel to hear a documentary and then changing to Adult Swim and having all the glass in the room break and your ears bleed, due to the bone-crushing shockwave. And if you want to flip between two shows, you have to turn the volume down and then change the channel. Major oversight by TV manufacturers, lol. Don’t get me started on the volume difference between the show you’re watching and the commercials… ugh.
3. Businesses Names with Intentional Misspellings - You know them: Kwik-e Kleaners, Hi-Tek Computerz, or Soopa Shooz. Ugh, puns are bad enough in business names but this is just wrong. How can you run a business if you can’t even spell the name of it right?
4. Sweatpants with pockets – Sure the concept is great: Extreme comfort + extreme pockets = perfect pants. Right? WRONG! They make you look like you have super-hips or you are an old time director, and if you put anything in the pockets, then the pants are on the floor.
5. McDonalds Advertising – Nothing says “we want dumb people’s money” like a McDonalds ad. For example: I pull up to a Burger King drive-through and I am informed by a pleasant sign that they are “Now accepting Visa, Mastercard, Discover,etc” I pull up to a McDonalds drive-through and see a sign with a similar message that shows a picture of the various credit cards and says “Yeah, we take ‘em”. Ugh, need I say more?
6. Soft Exterior of an Old Lollipop – Nothing smashes the dreams of one who hungers for a lollipop, than unwrapping one to find that it has that soft, chewy, somewhat sticky exterior that just screams “I was made for your father when he was a kid, and yet somehow his son is eating it”. It is the very antithesis of what a lollipop should be.
7. My Greatest Pet Peave: Ingratitude – It only takes a minute to say thanks, or to throw a smile or a wave. Everyone needs help in this life. Just accept it and give it on to someone else when you can.
Thanks for hearing me gripe. Long emails are a pet peeve too, so, thanks for hanging in there!